Welcome! You are now a cam model. The next thing to consider is whether you should broadcast from home or use studio space. There are pros and cons to both sides, so here is some helpful information about each option.
Working from Home
- You create your own schedule based around your own needs
- It is cheaper to work from home
- You can deduct a portion on your taxes (operating a business from home)
- No transportation costs
- It is difficult to establish “work time” vs “play time” from your home environment
- You will need to set up a dedicated work space (may be cost or space prohibitive)
- Some landlords prohibit businesses from operating on their premises.
Working from A Studio
- The studio provides readily accessible support/training during work hours
- Rooms decorated and designed for cam shows
- High-end equipment: latest computers, professional lighting, and the best webcams on the market
- Lightning-fast internet speed
- Additional expenses: transportation and food costs, and wardrobe costs
- You will have to work in an environment with others and share space
- Percentage of your earnings goes to the studio
From my experience, signing on with New York Cam Studios lets you do either! They’ve got a professional and courteous staff, studio space that suits your needs, and technicians who can help set you up to make the most money from home. If you find that one isn’t working out for you, you have always got the flexibility to try the other, depending on your needs. This makes all the difference, and New York Cam Studios is equipped to help you every step of the way.